Sunday, May 6, 2012

You leave the Pennsylvania station...


The Pennsylvania Station

For those of you who are familiar with the song Chattanooga Choo-Choo you will know that the next line says "you're in Baltimore" which just happens to be where I ended up this Thursday. I headed down to the old city on an Amtrak commuter line Thursday morning, which I almost missed, luckily I had a good taxi driver. Turns out there are several Pennsylvania stations on the east coast and one of them is in Baltimore, although it is commonly referred to as Penn station. I had to go pick up some document for the law firm I am working with and that is why I ended up here. It is a much less busy city than Washington and was interesting to see. Here are some pictures, I also saw the statue of Edgar Alan Poe, but I have no picture because a bunch of University of Baltimore students were sitting on him. Sorry for the the low quality, I didn't have my camera with me and had to use my iPod.
Just for the record this is a Baltimore pay phone

Apparently Baltimore likes works of art in there subway stations.

...and out side their symphonic halls

This may explain it, it is the Mount Royal Art Institute.

A military memorial from the revolution

A Provo bilboard in Baltimore, it says: Smyth's, where Baltimore gets engaged

No comments: